Advanced Concepts and Technology (ACT) is looking for a Sr. Contracts Negotiator who wants to work on dynamic contracts with numerous internal and external customers. The contracts range from small to large Contract Research and Development (CRAD) programs as well as classified programs. These dynamic programs seek out opportunities to develop advanced technology that can feed the SAS pipeline for future production products or even new product lines.
Candidates must be able to effectively multitask, be familiar with DoD contracting, and demonstrate good communicable skills to be able to interface with all levels of internal and external customers.
The Sr. Contract Negotiator will serve as an agent of the company and will lead the program team in proposal activities, negotiations, and all other miscellaneous contract duties. The individual assigned to this position will receive, processes and releases contracts; reviews and negotiates terms and conditions; advises management of contractual rights/obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks; maintains contract files; and work within a cross functional team to develop and submit proposals and administer contracts and supports internal enterprise system input requirements in accordance with company policies. This position interfaces with customers during contract pre-proposal, negotiation, administration, and closeout; serves as primary point of contact for resolution of customer issues; develops and maintains customer relationships; and supports program meetings and financial/operations reviews.
- 6 years applicable work experience in US government contracts contracts or supply chain OR Master s Degree in Contracts, Business Administration, Logistics, Business Law, Finance or related discipline
- Possess the capability to apply the tenants of Raytheon's Customer Focused Marketing to establish and maintain effective customer relationships based on professionalism, responsiveness and ethical conduct.
- Aptitude to review RFPs, proposals and contractual documents for contractual requirements and risks, ensure proposed solutions meet customer requirements and meet company policies and standards
- Ability to lead proposal and contract negotiations to achieve business objectives while ensuring customer needs are met.
- Experience in performing as key contributor during the pre-proposal strategy, proposal development, negotiation and start up phases of programs
- Ability to work in a team environment with customers and peers
- Ability to prioritize daily actions
- Ability to handle high volume contracts tasking
- Ability to multi-task across multiple programs and product lines
- Experience working with FAR and DFAR and other government regulations
- Experience with multiple contract types
- Experience in generating and negotiating proposals/contracts
- Experience in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, or PowerPoint)
- Current Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and maintaining high-performance relationships with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Experience working with program management principles
- Excellent and effective written & verbal communication skills (formal correspondence to customers)
- Existing SSBI
- Defense industry experience
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) certification
Required Education: Bachelor s Degree in Contracts, Business Administration, Business Law or related discipline
Desired Education: Master s degree (MS, MBA) or equivalent.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, company, compliance, compliance department, court, internal, legal department, llp, market