At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Health Care. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Under direct supervision, the HR Business Partner partners with HR leaders, and management staff on organizational effectiveness, employee relations development, and communications that support the hospital's mission, vision, strategic plan, and operations. Additional responsibilities include supporting a variety of programs and policies, often encompassing several areas of human resources, including operations, recruiting, compensation, benefits, leaves, workers compensation in the delivery of HR programs and services. Supports the business objectives in partnership with Sr. HR Business Partner, HR team leaders and staff.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions:
- Advises leaders and employees on employee relations concerns to resolve employee relations issues and provide interpretation and explanation of current company policies, procedures, and Collective Bargaining Agreements. Seeks guidence on complex and potentially risky issues appropriately.
- Supports initiatives for continuous improvement for positive employee relations.
- Monitors trends and patterns. Identifies root cause issues and works with senior leader to proactively address the issues. Recommends new approaches, programs and procedures to affect continual organizational improvement.
- Supports organizational development programs for leaders and employees, and specific teams or work groups.
- Mentors and guides department leaders on employee engagement strategies and retention efforts.
- Partners with leadership on talent reviews, performance management, and other strategic business objectives of the organization as directed by HR Senior leadership. Under supervision, develops and recommends specific action steps to help the leader address identified issues.
- Identifies training needs. Participates in the evaluation, monitoring, and development of training programs by following-up with training participants and leaders to ensure training objectives are met and providing periodic assessments of training courses, employee participation and effectiveness.
- Partners with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Supports HR related projects and the project leader/manager through project completion.
- 4 plus years of progressive experience in Human Resources including talent acquisition, employee relations and communication, training and learning development.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience in Human Resources, preferably in an acute care setting. Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SPHR) is a plus.
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources associate, human resources generalist, officer, professional, representative