What you will do
Undergeneral direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls BE offeringsto mechanical contractors, designers and consulting engineers. Promote theJohnson Controls value proposition to construction community by providingbusiness and technical solutions. Builds and manages long term customerrelationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Responsible for customersatisfaction and loyalty while working in conjunction with operations partners.Positions renewable service agreements as a foundation of managed accountrelationships.
Executesthe sales process to aid in cultivating and managing long-term relationshipsand in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Utilizes sales tools to plan and document sales progress as well as increasebusiness opportunities across all BE-LOBs in assigned accounts. Seeks toexpand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold within assignedaccounts. Actively participates as a member on select account teams onkey and target customer accounts. May lead the account team (market customer leader)
on assigned target andkey accounts where significant growth opportunities exist and more robustexpertise is required from others to solidify the opportunity. Seeks tocontinually develop sales skills and to enhance knowledge of the JCI productand service offerings. How you will do it
What we look for
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the Johnson Controlsofferings persuasively, persistently and confidently to all members of theconstruction community to include contractors, consultants and designers whilereaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on all opportunities to allow thecontractor to achieve business objectives. Manages multiple, ongoing,opportunities. Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements,including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing assigned customers.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner constructioncommunity responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale ofJohnson Control offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifiesconcerns. Understands the customer's business cycle customer base. Demonstratestechnical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility.Garners loyalty, trust and commitment from the customer.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multipleprospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy. Develops andmaintains a network of industry contacts. Understands and leverages thesales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing thesell. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with thecustomer to match the solution to the customer s operational need and favorablyposition Johnson Controls. Qualifies and assesses potentialcustomers.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmentalobjectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and linkscustomer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates Johnson Controls services and products from competitors byapplying creativity, ingenuity, and innovation in a value added sales approach.
- Positively and credibly influences BE strategies with theconstruction community. Frequently creates competitive, high quality andtimely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectivelywrites, and presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance andcloses the sale. Differentiates Johnson Controls as a total buildingenvironment supplier.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan anddocument progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Leverages Johnson Controls sales process to close sales quickly. Managesthe high activity of the pipeline in the managed system with a focus on salesphase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinentinformation.
- Acts as the customer s advocate in interactions with JohnsonControls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controlsofferings. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controlsofferings. Participates in final project inspection. Ensures thatthe customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value ofservices delivered.
Bachelor s degree in business, engineering, or relateddiscipline required. A minimum of six (6) years of successful fieldsales experience. At least three (3) years successfully selling HVAC orbuilding automation system industry. Demonstrates a commitment to integrity andquality in business. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communicationsskills. Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels. Who we are
JohnsonControls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer andall qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteranstatus, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any othercharacteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEOis the Law
. If you arean individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during theapplication process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou