Caregivers are either CNA S (Certified Nurse Aides) or HHA's. Caregivers must be reliable, dependable, honest, and caring. Caregivers are not allowed to smoke in clients homes and must have their own transportation. Some may need to take clients to appointments or run errands. This will require them to possess a valid driver s license and to have current automobile insurance. Caregivers must be observant enough to recognize changes in their clients, and be capable of alerting the appropriate personnel when necessary.
Nature of job:
Caregivers provide paraprofessional services to the agency s home care clients, as written in the care plan and in compliance with the client s Service Agreement.
Scope of Position:
- Reports to Homewatch CareGiverssupervisor
- Does not administer medication or perform any procedures requiring the knowledge or skills of a licensed nurse or registered therapist
- Attend and complete all annual training requirements
- Responsible for assisting the agency s clients with their personal care needs in accordance with the care plan and qualifications (CNA/PCP/HHA)
- Responsible for assisting clients with activities of daily living in a safe and beneficial manner
Rancho Santa Fe