Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative User Interface Engineering role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world?
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, focused and dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
If solving the world's biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
About the Senior User Interface Engineer
HPE Pointnext Consumption Analytics is currently seeking highly qualified and motivated candidates for a senior level Java Application Developer in Roseville, CA. No relocation assistance available.
In this full time role, you will continue development of the Consumption Analytics application developed by former start-up Cloud Cruiser, acquired by HPE in 2017. You will be responsible for working with the Product/Development Manager and a sophisticated team of Java developers building a commercial software product for SaaS deployments.
About the application:
* Consists of single page web applications written in AngularJS and ReactJS running in AWS * Underlying data stores are Elasticsearch and DynamoDB * Extracts and consolidates usage data from various Cloud providers and services * Provides extensive reporting, discovery, and analytics for usage data * Leverages modern cloud design and deployment methodologies including CI/CD
In this role, you will:
* participate as a member of project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products * design and code program enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on cloud-based platforms based on specific requirements and instructions * analyze design and determine coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution * design, analyze, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end users * execute established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code, identifying, logging, and debugging assigned issues * use current programming language and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications * complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance * possibly interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications * collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution * provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members * perform other duties as needed or assigned
HPE Pointnext: exceptional people supporting business technology in action. Pointnext is made up of talented professionals who bring the technical insight, process excellence, and resource flexibility to help customers drive business outcomes through optimization of their data centers and other technology operations. At Pointnext, we know relationships and people matter--and our people and our services create a powerhouse solution designed to solve our customers' most challenging IT problems.
Education and Experience Required
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant discipline, OR compensating experience (see below) * Advanced degree preferred * 4+ years' experience in user interface development * Without a Bachelor's or higher level degree, an additional 2 years' relevant experience, for a total of 6+ years
Knowledge and Skills Required
Knowledge and Skills Preferred
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today-we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
If you are seeing this job posting somewhere other than the HPE Careers website, you may apply by following these instructions:
1. Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
2. Sign in, or create and confirm an account
3. Click \"Search Jobs\", then enter job number - 1032465
4. Complete full application process
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values
* Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other * Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity * Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world?s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
About Consumption Analytics
In today's ever-changing technology landscape, IT organizations are under extreme pressure to not only ensure that the day-to-day operations run smoothly, but also to deliver new apps, processes and services that allow businesses to innovate. IT leaders are expected to be agile - provisioning IT in minutes, not months - all with significantly reduced budgets.
Many enterprises have turned to the public cloud to fulfill these new demands, resulting in a new IT-as-a-service model that allows customers to pay as they go only for the technology resources that they use. But while some workloads may be right for the public cloud, others are best kept on premise. Because of these different needs, HPE Consumption Analytics, a start-up formerly known as Cloud Cruiser and acquired by HPE in 2017, helps organizations take a hybrid approach to IT.
HPE Consumption Analytics cloud consumption offerings provide clear insight into IT usage and spend, enabling enterprises to measure, analyze, optimize and control their IT usage in private, public and hybrid cloud environments. As an integral part of HPE Data Center Care offerings, Consumption Analytics transforms IT organizations, providing the Flexible Capacity solutions to help IT organizations spend less time on day-to-day operations and more time on innovation.
About HPE Pointnext
HPE Pointnext is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world's largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of HPE, Pointnext provides world-class support and consulting services for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and solutions.
Pointnext assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecom, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, and integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we've created a new company, one that defines transformation-and defies \"business as usual\". In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all-software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset-we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Associated topics: gui, interface, ui, ui designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.