Responsible for preparing all mis-en-place for station and working service. Responsible for all vegetable accompaniments for protein dishes. Involved in the development of tasting menu and mise-en-place that changes daily. Speed, Accuracy & Temperature, responsible for all protein dishes. Utilizes a variety of cooking styles, times and temperatures. Sophisticated protein cooking. Minor butchery. Responsible for teamwork with other stations, inter-station timing and communication, and dynamic multi-tasking. Working directly with Executive Chef. Consistent excellence in work product. Setting up and breaking down a station. Time management & task accomplishment with regards to daily prep list. Organization of station, workplace cleanliness, sanitation and safety. Will work with chefs to develop menus for guests. Must have superior culinary, food production, and high standards of excellence.
The qualified candidate must be a motivated self-starter with excellent communication, problem resolution and organizational skills. Must be able to work cleanly, efficiently, with respect for quality ingredients and careful attention to preparation. Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, ensure smooth service operations and quality service.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times
- Maintains clean and organized work stations that are cohesive with the restaurant s philosophy, culture, and standards of excellence.
- Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
- Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Represents the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with the all business partners.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of kitchen preparation and cooking in a fine dining restaurant.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, guests, and hourly staff.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 8 hours a day).
- Be able to reach, bend and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Includes but is not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned):
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality and integrity of products produced and served to guests.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs set forth by the Executive Chef and owner.
- Work as a member of the team to ensure success in all areas of the restaurant.
- Collaborate with all staff to ensure efficient and accurate service in compliance with restaurant standards for food preparation, temperatures, ticket times, flavor profiles.
- Maintain station and prepare all menu items in accordance directives given by the Executive Chef. Maintain a hygienic and safe work environment at all times.
- Fill in where needed to ensure that service standards and efficient operations are met.
- Report to work punctually
- Ensure that equipment is maintained as outlined in the restaurants safety and preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit, count and condition and that deliveries are performed in accordance to restaurant receiving policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of focus, professionalism and cleanliness throughout the entire day.
More detail about Heroic Wine Bar Santa Monica, please visit
Associated topics: cocinera, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinero de la parrilla, commercial, dinner, grill, lunch, meat cutter, restaurant cook, steakhouse